Parma by Chef Marc
7591 W Washington Ave #110
Las Vegas, NV 89128
This is an Italian gem of a restaurant in Vegas. It’s like finding your perfect other half and wondering where they’ve been all my life? I felt the same with Chef Marc’s Pastavino Deli. I’m a Las Vegas native. Where have you been all my life?!
What brought us here was a recommendation by a friend of its fresh pastas. I was looking forward to just that. Chef Marc’s dishes lit up my senses from amazing flavors to textures and followed through from beginning to end. The ambiance is cute, romantic, homely (in a good way) with a touch of hole in the wall feel. The service was impeccable. Everyone on staff was super warm and friendly. The whole experience almost felt like eating at an Italian mama’s home kitchen. Oh yes, do listen to your server’s recommendation because our server Jason was on point with the recommendations.
– Complimentary Fresh Garlic Bread – Warm. Toasty. Chewy. Crusty with tasty aroma of garlic and parm on top.
– Portabello mushroom appetizer (Strongly recommended by Jason) – This was everyone’s favorite of the evening. Warm sauteed strips of portabello mushrooms in a creamy sauce served over a bed of baby spinach. Don’t neglect the leftover sauce. Mop it up with the wonderful perfectly crusty garlic bread.
– Antipasto – Yummy cured meets tossed in with a variety of exotic cheeses, olives and greens. Can’t beat it.
– Caprese Salad Appetizer – The tomatoes were juicy. The large leaves of basil for fragrant and the fresh mozzarella perfectly chewy and gooey.
– Chicken Marsala – This was the sleeper hit. Usually not too impressed by chicken marsala, but this was a bite in heaven. The slight essence of barely cooked of wine took everyone by surprise in a very good way.
– Orcchiette with Meatball – the fun ear like pasta wheels were perfectly al dente, chewy and bouncy swimming around in thick red sauce with a huge meatball. This was a touch on the salty side for me, but the texture of the orchiette itself won handsdown.
– Agnoletti – This was another big winner! Tubes of fresh pasta filled with savory beef/lamb mixture with a rich creamy white sauce. Stick to your ribs good! Again, don’t forget to mop up the sauce with bread.
– Frutti de Mar – This was our last dish, filled with seafood goodies from clams to calamari to scallops. The spagetti was of course cooked well and the sauce mopped up to the last drop.
Bonuses: Extra exotic cheeses. Sliced uber tasty prosciutto on the house! Having a birthday boy on hand, they gave us some a bit of tart and sweet limoncello to toast!
Conclusion: It’s is a FIVER (beeps!) all the way. I thought about bringing the rating down one star for being a touch too salty on some items, but the overall experience was too fantastic. We left bellies full, wallets a little more empty and happily rolled our way home.