The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
3700 Las Vegas Blvd S
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Quick and Dirty: Great flavors. Small Portion Sizes.
With hip EDM music being spun by a live DJ on first impression, STK is a swanky steakhouse trying to be a very cool kid on the block. It mostly pulls it off by offering great flavors and quality food, but I was not very impressed by the portion sizes and lacking service during the latter half of the visit. Let me elaborate:
The Service: Our waiter was fantastic. He was upbeat, friendly, got our order right and was not being pretentious at all, which I find can happen at many of those fancy steakhouses. However, as the night continued on and the restaurant was getting busier, our plates weren’t cleared as quickly and drinks weren’t addressed as frequently. We’re at a swanky steakhouse; I expect better even when the house is packed. I am willing to look past the less than stellar service for the following reason. Great flavors… on to the food!
The Food: All of our dishes were delicious!
1. Lobster cocktail – Fresh and refreshing lobster claw…. but so tiny!
2. Tuna Tartare – What’s not to like about it? Crunchy chip and flavorful fish, but it was a small diameter of 3 inches?
3. Filet Mignon – Tender and Juicy
4. Parmesan Truffle fries – I usually prefer shoestring fries over steak for the crispy outside to inside potato ratio, but these were very enjoyable! Extra crispy on the outside and hard to resist with the sprinkle of parmesan and truffle oil. Size wise? I counted 10 large steak fries. Come onnnnn..
5. Wagyu Slider – This was eye rolling good. Super juicy and so flavorful. Okay, I get why this is small because it is wagyu beef. Can’t be like claim jumper and give you 3.
4. Dessert – Trio of icecream. Nothing worth to taking home to mom.
Conclusion: It’s swanky. It’s delicious, but I think I can find better service and better bang for my buck somewhere else for the same amount of flavor.