Hard Rock Hotel & Casino
4455 Paradise Rd
Las Vegas, NV 89169
Gastropub – CFG’s definition is bar food – nice fatty fat fat bar food that usually can’t disappoint, but we were not only NOT disappointed, but very impressed. According to their website, Culinary Dropout is a gastropub created by Fox Restaurant Concepts. The first time I encountered a Fox restaurant was in Tucson, AZ with Wildflower and it was amazing. Food was fresh. Flavors were well-rounded and the decor and staff were very attractive. =) Our experience with Culinary Dropout Las Vegas proved to be product of the brains behind Fox. Though a different type of restaurant all together, all the details similar to my experience at Wildflower came together. The service was impeccable (waters filled constantly, all staff checking on you, very smartly dressed in hobo chic for girls and vests for guys). The food was fatty, delicious and well thought out. The decor was romantic, whimsical and relaxing, so much so that I felt like I was in an episode of The Hills reality show. Definitely a date night place or nice cozy hang out with your friends.
1. Soft Pretzels with Provolone Fondue – Usually not a fan of pretzels, but theses lil’ guys were fluffy and perfectly salted and hard to resist once dipped in the warm pot of cheese.
2. Grilled Cheese Sliders with bacon and tomato – Baby sliders! Just as tasty as they were cute.
3. Jambalaya – Well rounded, robust and perfectly sauced. Best jambalaya yet? oooo
4. Fried Chicken with honey biscuits, potatoes and gravy – Nothing can beat fried chicken at Ad Hoc in Napa, but this chicken platter had it’s own character. The breading was delicate, light and uniquely seasoned (cumin, my friend Tina says?). The honey biscuits were slightly sweet and fluffy; I totally commandeered the rest of said friend’s biscuits.
5. The Pub Burger with havarti, bacon and house bbq sauce – Big burger = Big flavor. Nice moist burger patty with sweet smokey bbq sauce.
6. Monkey Bread – Ooey gooey, warm and comforting
Conclusion: I’m coming back to hang out when I want feel trendy and eat well.
$ to Value Ratio: 3.75/5 Beeps
Yummy Factor: 4.5/5 Beeps
Texture Satisfaction: 4 Beeps
Average beeps: 4.08 Beeps
p.s. For you HGTV addicts, we saw Antonio Ballatore and got a picture with him =)