L’ Atelier de Joel Robuchon
3799 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109
This was my 2nd time at Le Atelier de Joel Robuchon after a few years time span, and I was just as impressed with the first as I was with this 2nd visit. Coincidentally, on both visits, I had a gosh darn cold, but thank goodness the tastes buds were pleased enough to ignore my under performing nose and enjoy the dining experience thoroughly.
This time, we went with a la carte rather than the popular tasting menu. Good strategery for the tummy.
+Freebie – Foie Gras, Port Red Wine, Cheese Reduction. Very rich and tasty.
1. Les Huitres – Kushi Oysters in clarified butter. These lil’ oysters could have been more fresh, but the texture and the way they were prepared was just right.
2. La Saint Jacques – I obviously have not had well prepared scallop before because I usually avoid eating it. Lo and behold – Perfectly prepared scallop! So tender!
3. Homard Deg – Lobster in spicy broth. Very comforting and lobster not over cooked at all.
4. Le Bar Deg – The worst dish of the evening. The fish was not flavorful and was tough. Is this real sea bass texture and have we been mislead by expecting juicy, fatty fish? However, the side of mashed potatoes was the creamiest that we’ve ever had. It was like eating butter and potato flavored pudding.
5. Le Burger – Fantastic morsel of juicy, fattiness! One order comes with two lil’ guys, but you may want to order one more order. We refrained. The accompaniment of -perfectly fried fries were fresh and salted with sea salt. The mini burger was comprised a perfectly toasted bun, fresh greens, a one square inch piece of foie gras and juicy-extreme piece of mini burger patty.
6. Chocolat Sensent -The best chocolate dessert. Why? It’s the texture, baby. Texture. Sweet, creamy vanilla icecream rolled in finely crushed oreo bits. Thin disk of milk chocolate with delicate fruity blobs of sauce. Underneath the disk was a creamy smooth dark chocolate mousse with orbs of tiny dark chocolate crisps imbedded. All this together was eye-rolling good.
7. Le Framboise – Usually, I’m not a fan of fruity desserts, so I could pass on it. The presentation was very unique. The round orb of white chocolate was melted by the warm raspberry sauce. The center consisted of some sort of sorbet.
Conclusion: C’était délicieux! Ha ha. Who am I kidding? I don’t speak French! This place is bomb diggity and I’m going back. I give it only 4/5 beeps for not being perfect on the fish and oysters.
p.s. I updated my dim sum post on Ping Pang Pong HERE, a new tasty tidbit – Zhu Fan Tong, “bamboo rice tube/container”