Corner Thai Kitchen
9575 W Tropicana Ave # 1
Las Vegas, NV 89147-8491
Recommended by our Thai friend and recommended by our Chinese friend 1 year ago (which I completely ignored, sorry Richard C!), we ventured to this strip mall gem Saturday night. It is tucked away in a strip mall near the Southwest corner of Ft. Apache and Tropicana. I let the hungry stomach take over by ordering almost too much food, but I just wanted to eat everything!
The low down:
1. Crab Rangoons – This is usually an item I only have at Chinese/American food places a la Panda Expresses and mom pop’s, but I really wanted deep fried cream cheese wontons. Bad decision. The wonton wrapper was not extra crispy deep fried, but actually tasted like it was baked. The filling was also too sweet.
2. Tom Yum Soup with Shrimp (level 5/10 spicy) – I enjoyed the soup’s tangy and spicy robust flavors.
3. Duck Fried Rice (off menu) – For some reason, I really wanted duck fried rice, so I asked if this was available off menu. They did! This was pretty delish, but it still doesn’t beat my favorite Thai fried rice of spicy basil fried rice.
4. Chicken Yellow Curry (spicy level 1/10) – This was good, but could have used more heat. We had to get it super mild because we had a little one with us. Next time, we’ll get 5/10 spicy level.
5. Chicken Pad Thai (5/10 spicy) – I think this was the winner of the night. Just spicy enough. Just tangy enough. Just sweet enough. Perfect chewy rice noodles. Two thumbs up.
Conclusion: For my pad thai cravings, Corner Thai is the place to go! 3.5/5 beeps. Will have to go back and try other items on the menu and bring on the spicy!