Stripsteak – a Michael Mina Restaurante
Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino
3950 Las Vegas Blvd S
Las Vegas, NV 89119
I have mixed feelings about this place. For a place called Stripsteak, is it supposed to shine for the dishes that were non-Steak? I went shamalamadingdong over the duck fat fries and truffled mac and cheese, but how can our steaks that we made at home the following night shine over the Stripsteak steaks?! Huh? Allow me to illustrate….
1. Trio of Duck Fat Fries – These were mutha beepin’ good! Loved the bbq flavor fries. Loved the garlic flavor fries, and most of all, I mutha beepin’ loved the truffle fries. These blows Envy Steakhouse’s out of the water (not that ENVY had a chance with their truffle fries anyway). Let me just call these my Crack Fries.
2. Sashimi (albacore, bigeye, blue fin toro) – The worst decision ever. We were greedy and thought that “Hey, we’re at an expensive restaurant. It has to be good right?” Boy, were we wrong! The albacore was icy? WTF? The tuna was fishy. AND. AND! The toro was so fibrousy.
2. Bibb Wedge (Salad) – Standard blue cheese, iceberg and bacon. Yum.
3. American Kobe Ribeye – Good but not juicy. (Del Frisco’s and N9NE still win)
4. Slow Poached Prime Rib – Not juicy, not super tender. *tear
5. Truffled Macaroni and Cheese! – Another mutha beepin’ good one. Trufffleeee…. *pump fist.
Conclusion: I beepin’ loved the fries and mac n cheese. I will dream of them. However, the steaks, I will not have, again. I say save yourself the disappointment, don’t go to stripsteak and make it yourself.
p.s. This is the steak recipe we used to put Stripsteak to shame. Savory Garlic Marinade. Seared high on grill for 30-45 seconds each side. Turn grill to low heat and cover for 3 minutes each side. Perfect medium rare/rare steaks. Make sure to bring steaks to room temp before grillin’. Enjoy. Thank me later 😉