3400 S Jones Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89146
Hot N’ Juicy has another contender to look out for. Where they don’t quite beat Hot N’ Juicy in flavor of their seafood, they really kick it up a few notches in terms of friendly and fast service, the attention to detail in decor, and an expanded menu in terms of variety compared to Hot N’ Juicy.
– The food came fast! Drinks came quick! Waters and drinks were refilled even when it was semi-busy on a Friday night.
Food: There’s lot of variety to choose from, but we stuck to our usual…
– Cravin’ Cajun style shrimp – This was comparable to Hot N’ Juicy’s Special Sauce, but not as spicy. Somehow not as tasty, tangy and addicting, but still very enjoyable.
– Lemon Pepper shrimp with Corn – Also comparable to Hot N’ Juicy but lacked some sort of addictive ingredient. Is it MSG? Heh.
– Deep Fried Catfish Basket – Now, this is where it’s at! I prefer the catfish preparation here because they thin slice the fish so that there is optimal crunchy breading per fish ratio. The tartar sauce served along side is perfect! Extra tart and creamy.
– Deep Fried Oyster Basket – Little nuggets of juicy deep fried oysters. Yum.
– Cajun Fries – These are tasty and crunchy. Equivalent tastiness when compared to Hot N’ Juicy, but the downside, they get soggy after sitting in their own steamy heat. I’ve got an easy solution for that: Just eat it all quickly! Problem solved for soggy fries.
Bonus! – Extra seasoning shakers available to “BAM” the heck out of anything.
Bonus 2! – A thoughtful addition of sinks just outside the restrooms, gives patrons the convenience of being able to quickly run over and wash their hands.
Bonus 3! – (for my man) – Big variety of all kinds of beer
Conclusion: They just opened about a week ago, and I think there is A LOT of potential in the place. There’s still MANY dishes to try: dessert, jambalaya, ettouffee, crabcakes. We might just bypass Hot N’ Juicy’s lines and wait to go to Cravin’ Cajun.