Indian Curry Bowl
5643 Centennial Center Blvd
Las Vegas NV 89149
01.28.2012 UPDATE: Indian Curry Bowl has closed (Possibly due to decreased quality of food and poor reviews???) Sad….
This girl (*points to self with both thumbs) is soooo LUcky to have good eats around her! woot. Indian Curry Bowl is another semi-fast food/semi-sit down joint in the northwest Las Vegas area and also down the street from Market Grille Cafe. It’s located just down from Fresh & Easy and in the same shopping center as 24hr Fitness and Cafe Rio.
All the dishes are MOM-cooked and the mama’s are all super nice, too!
Even though I haven’t tried everything, I can confidently jump to the conclusion that everything is probably pretty good. The curry isn’t as thick as other Indian curries I’ve had, but I definitely like the flavor resulting from all the spices. You can asked for the chili on the side if you’re eating with people with different tolerance levels for heat. Personally, I luv that stuff! gimme gimme gimme…
Here’s what I tried so far… (per the owner, all chicken is chicken breast)
1. Garlic Naan – slightly charred, but it was nice and chewy. Lil’ bit of burnt taste gives it flavor… haha
2. Vegetable Samosa – (Deep fried, but not too greasy. When do I ever say “no” to deep fried?)
3. Butter Chicken – similar to chicken tikka
4. Chicken Tikka Masala (Tomato based curry)
5. Chicken Saag (Spinach based stew)
6. Chicken Korma (Coconut based curry)