Nu Sanctuary Lounge
6605 South Las Vegas Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89119
Thinking that Nu Lounge was just another trendy fancy schmancy lounge with mediocre food, I was actually pleasantly surprised by all the different flavors and textures of all the food. Our group ended up doing family style with all different kinds of appetizers and it worked out well.
1. Tomato and Basil Pizza – Crust was chewy and had some nice char taste to it. Nice flavor of the sauce.
2. Pierogi – Potato filled and topped with American caviar and chive creme fraiche. This I would say did not have much flavor at all, even with the fancy caviar.
3. Panchetta, crushed tomato, egg, basil pizza – I absolutely loved this pizza because I’m a big fan of yolky egg! The crispy panchetta was also fantastic because who is not a fan of a relative a bacon!?
4. Beef carpaccio – Thinly shaved file mignon, avocado, fried egg, red onion, black truffle and Parmesan. I love the mixture of flavors and textures with this – tangy, meaty, crunchy (veggie). Very tasty.
5. Fried Chicken Wings with Thai Flavor – These had a nice coconut curry flavor and so fun to eat! As my friend put it, it was a chicken wing lollipop!
6. Wild mushroom, baby spinach, fresh ricotta, and white truffle – I was a little disappointed with this pizza. With the strong smell of truffle coming off of it, I was expecting a flavor explosion, but it ended up being just mildly sweet with no other flavors.
7. Tuna tartare “tableside” – Spicy crab and citrus salad, Greek yogurt and zaakar cracker – This was definitely tuna tartare that I’ve never had before. It had a combination of smoky, tangy and spicy flavors with the yummy crunch of the veggies and cracker. mmmmm bueno!
Conclusion: It’s a great new hangout (hookah option outside), and I think I preferred the more casual outside seating to the more trendy looking inside. The food was unexpectedly good fusion food. Yummerific. 3.5/5 beeps.
05.28.2010 – Wow. Going a 2nd time a few weeks after the opening. Talk about loss of credibility fo’ shizzle! The service really sucked big time. Waited approx 15 minutes unti we could even wave someone down to order drinks.