The Venetian Resort-Hotel-Casino
Venezia Tower-10th Floor
3355 Las Vegas Boulevard South
Las Vegas, NV 89109
The stars seemed to align beautifully this night of gluttony. It was great service and ambiance from the get go. We had a server who was very passionate about what he was serving and seemed to genuinely love what we were about to eat. He had helps tips and advice on how to eat the dishes that we appreciated greatly and never short of fantastic recommendations. Skilled in the craft of selling his food! Also, I was in a party of ladies who could EAT (no food pushers around here)!
The following list will touch upon the advice Mr. Server endowed and the deliciousness that ensued.
1. Epi Bread – “Pace yourself,” he said, but how do we when it was delicately crusty on the outside and warm and fluffy on the inside?
2. Bone marrow (Moëlle Rôtie) – “Take this [grilled, country] bread and spread the bone marrow on it. Then take the [Epi] bread and mop up the sauce,” he said. I think the imagery took care of that one.
3. Foie Gras (Terrine de Foie Gras, a.k.a. Jar of succulent fat) – “Take this toasted baguette [strips] and spread it. Sprinkle a little bit of the sea salt to open it up.” The richness of the foie gras spread on good bread made me forget all about pacing myself as Mr. Server stressed from the start.
4. Fresh Smoked Salmon Rillettes (Rillettes aux Deux Saumons) – “Spread this on the toasted baguette rounds,” he said. There goes my stomach space for the entree.
5. Frisee Salad (Salade Frisée) – Two words: Poached eggs and bacons bits. My weaknesses
6. Mussels (Moules) – Fresh, sweet and full of essence of the sea
7. French Fries (Pommes Frites) – Golden, hot and crispy with a sprinkle of salt. The key to good fries is how it stays crispy even when cooled. That art alone impresses the texture whore (moi)
8. Steak (Steak Frites) – This was not any fancy wagyu beef, just a piece of prime flat iron, AND my friend bless her preference for well-done meat even ordered it medium well!! You would think that it’d be completely ruined, but it was utterly tender and flavorful. Did a well done piece of meat just melt in my mouth?
9. Gnocchi à la Parisienne – Dear Gnocchi, I really wanted to try you, but my stomach said no! Why did you say no… it looked so delicious.
10. Creme Brulee with Madagascar Vanilla Bean – But of course, I had room for dessert! Since the closing of Rosemary’s in town, I had not found an establishment to replace their perfect creme brulee. Bouchon almost did it. The delicate sugar shell cracked with a slight tap and the creme was smooth. It was just a touch too sweet compared to Rosemary’s.
Conclusion: My cholesterol says wth?!, but my tongue and stomach says, let’s do it again!
$ to Value Ratio: 4.75/5 Beeps – You’re paying for big portion size’s of expensive food
Yummy Factor: 5/5 Beeps
Texture Satisfaction: 5/5 Beeps
Average beeps: 4.91 Beeps