Yi Mei Champion Taiwan Deli
3435 South Jones Blvd
Las Vegas NV 89146
Being in so cal for 4 years before moving back to Vegas recently, I had the fortune of enjoying all kinds of Taiwanese food and my favorite by far is having Taiwanese breakfast, so when I spied Yi Mei and it’s advertisement for Taiwanese breakfast delicacies, I was stoked! Despite that the food caliber not being to so cal standards here, I was still happy as a clam that I got decent Taiwanese breakfast!
1. Fresh soy milk! You could tell that it was totally ground from scratch because it had nice fibrousy soy bean chunks in it. I think that a boba straw would work better than the skinny one they provided. Regardless of the difficulty of using the skinny straw, the soy milk was enjoyable, refreshing, and perfectly sweet.
2. Green onion pancake/Cong You Bing – I love this savory pancake usually for it’s crispy and chewy texture. Yi Mei got the texture right, but it lacked the savory/salty touch to make it perfect.
3. Juicy Pork Dumplings/Xiao Long Bao – These little juicy morsels certainly were not Din Tai Fung caliber and not bursting with juice and even slightly too salty, but overall, it was decently good.
4. Spicy Beef Noodle Soup/Hong Xiao Niu Rou Mian – This soup was unique. I’ve never had a tangy spicy beef noodle soup before, and I can say I actually like the tanginess. The beef cubes were actually really tough. No bueno on the chunks of beef.
5. Taiwan Style Noodles with Egg – Two nice bonuses in this soup. Bacon bits + Fish balls filled with savory meat! Bonus!!
6. Potstickers/Wo Tie – These were the cutest lil’ potstickers ever! They were the size of a chinese soup spoon with a nice crispy char on the outside and juicy filling of pork and cabbage on the inside. Though they were on the saltier side, nothing a dip in some vinegar couldn’t fix.
Conclusion: Decent Taiwanese breakfast foods and fresh soy milk!!! 3/5 beeps.