5030 Spring Mountain Rd
Las Vegas NV 89146
This experience rivals the happiness level I experience at Echigo sushi. It was a texture-gasmic experience. Everything nearly melted into my tongue like buttah… mmmmm….. buttahhh….. Raku turned out to live up the hype (minus 1 dish).
The dishes…. *bounce bounce bounce
1. Sea Urchin and Seaweed Soup (Dashi Broth?) – The sea urchin was very fresh and not fishy at all. So, we made a spoonful of the broth with some seaweed and approximately 1 tsp of the precious Uni. I think my eyes just rolled to the back of my head from the wonderful seafood flavor and the tender consistency of the uni. Uni (Sea Urchin) is definitely an acquired taste, but I would recommend that if you were trying for the first time, please go to a place like Raku that gives you the good stuff! mmmm mmmmm!
3. Kobe Beef Miso Skewers (1 more garlic, 1 more miso) – After Crapsteak, I’ve been wanting to try some real Kobe Beef. So, these Kobe beef skewers showed me what-it-is – Tender. Juicy. Flavorful. That’s how it should be!
4. Negima (Japanese Sweet Onion)/Chicken Hot Pot – This dish I did not like so much. The broth was tasty but got too salty after drinking more of it. I like salt, but it was too much for me. The cubes of chicken were too dry and gritty for me, but then, I’m not a fan of white meat.
5. Agedashi Tofu (Homemade Tofu!!!!) – Everyone was talking about this on Yelp. EVERYONE. Guess what? Everyone is soooo right. Fresh made tofu makes such a big difference on texture and flavor. The lightly fried outside layer + the almost creamy inside of the tofu paired with some roe on top = perfect. Definitely, try it. (Broth was the same from the Hot Pot? Still too salty…)
6. Green Tea Icecream and Green Tea Creme Brulee Topped with Green Tea Icecream – Perfect icecream – not too sweet paired with a not too sweet whipped cream. The Green Tea creme brulee was a nice twist from the traditional kind and still smooth and creamy with the night burnt topped.
p.s. I added some pics for you viewing pleasure for Big Fat Greek Fooooood