Todd’s Unique Dining
4350 E Sunset Rd Henderson, NV 89014
Open Mon-Sat 4:30pm-10pm
I’m not sure if it was because I had high expectations going in that I was let down or that Todd’s Unique Dining just wasn’t that unique? I think with a name like that I expected Vitner/Rosemary level of bomb-diggity-ness. It was good food, but did not wow me. No *bouncing or *clapping here. I’m not feeling the urge to go back and plunk down more muneeee…. =P (apologies for blurry pictures…I even had my tripod!)
1. Crispy Rice and Tuna Tartar, Soy Wasabi Vinaigrette – This was the only item I really liked because of the crispy texture of the rice and the spicy tuna combination.
2. Goat Cheese Wonton Raspberry Basil Sauce – maybe I don’t have a discerning tongue for cheese, but it just tasted like a regular cream cheese wonton.
3. Dungeness Crab Cake with Spicy Remoulade and baby greens – I’ve had better at many other places, but this one was decent.
4. Kobe Short Ribs Jalapeno Mashed Carmelized Onion Sauce – Very tender. Good for a few bites, but kind of salty after a few more. Needed some rice with it! hahahah
5. Watermelon Salad, pepita, cayenne, lime & feta – the person who had it thought it was “interesting”
6. Sear Ahi tuna, wasabi mashed & soy garlic sauce – mash + the fish was pretty tasty, but nothing spectacular and unique. had before at other restaurants.
7. Oyster Chowder – standard chunky chowder plus a seafoody taste
8. Mahi Mahi stuff with crab – kind of fishy, but overall okay.
9. Toffee Cheesecake – There this particular after taste of a cheesecake that makes a cheesecake good. Does anyone know what I’m talking about? This one had it.
10. Crunch cake – a mousse cake with a crunch like shell, very rich and sweet.