3823 30th St
(between North Park Way & University Ave)
San Diego, CA 92104
Neighborhood: North Park
It was a rainy, cold day and the perfect day for comfort food from Urban Solace. They serve what I would call fine dining comfort food. Dishes are enhance with fancy ingredients such as mac n cheese with Duck!
What we had
1. Cheese biscuits with Honey-Butter – cheesy, warm and toasty
2. Sonoma Goat Cheese/Butternut Squash Dip, Spiced Pine Nuts, Cornmeal Crackers and Baguettes – This was enjoyable, but the goat cheese came on a little strong after more bites.
3. Bacon Wrapped Sustainable Trout (Skin on), Mushroom-Spinach Stuffed, Brussels Hash, Lemon Butter – Bacon wrapped fish, what’s not to like. Delicate flakey fish with bacon!
4. New York White Cheddar Mac n’ Cheese, Caramelized Bacon, Grilled Red Onions, Charred Tomatoes – Perfectly cooked macaroni with ooey gooey cheese, bacon and some tangy tomatoes.
5. Duckaroni: Mac ‘n Cheese with Duck Confit, Blue Cheese, Roasted Garlic, Arugula, Scallion – Good ol’ mac n cheese enhance with many robust flavors… mmm mmm!
Conclusion: Come hungry, Leave happy and stuffed. 4/5 beeps.